Data – collectively all information that you submit to Van Go Art Couriers via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Cookies – a small text file placed on your computer by this website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below.
Data Protections Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulations, and secondary legislation.
GDPR – the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
Van Go Art Couriers, Van Go, we or us – Van Go Art Couriers Ltd, a company incorporated in England with registered number 09793366 whose registered office is at 5 Holne Cross, Ashburton, Newton Abbot TQ13 7QU (Great Britain).
UK and EU Cookie Law – the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 & the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2018.
User or you – any third party that accesses the website and is not either (i) employed by Van Go Art Couriers and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Van Go Art Couriers and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services.
Website – the website that you are currently using, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
3. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Van Go Art Couriers is the “data controller”. This means that Van Go Art Couriers determines the purpose for which, and the manner in which, your data is processed.
- Date of birth
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
How we collect data
5. We collect data in the following ways:
- Data is given to us by you
- Data is received from other sources
- Data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
6. Van Go Art Couriers will collect your data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you contact us through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail, or through any other means
- When you opt in to receive marketing communications from us
- When you use our services
Data that is received from publicly available third-party sources
7. We will receive data about you from the following publicly available third-party sources:
- Google Analytics
- Social networks
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your data automatically, for example:
- We automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To provide you with the services requested
- To notify you about the changes of the services
- To improve our products and services
10. We may use your data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object (see the section headed “Your Rights” below)
Who we share your Data with
11. When you use our online chat service for the enquiries, we may forward your contact details over to the relevant party to assist you with your request. Your IP address and browser user agent string may be checked through an automated spam detection service to help spam detection.
Keeping your Data secure
13. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a username.
- We store your data on secure servers.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss of unauthorised access to your data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-email address: email@example.com
16. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
17. Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your data:
- Right to access – the right request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless you request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we mover, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object our use of your data including where we use it for our legitimate interests. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
19. To make enquires, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, where consent is our legal basis for processing your data), please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
20. It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your data changes during the period for which we hold it.
23. All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
24. Before the website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar in the chat window requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent, you are enabling Van Go Art Couriers to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny your consent to the placing of cookies, however, certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
25. We use the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies – they allow us to track how our visitors operate our website which allows us to improve user experience.Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise returning website visitors and allow us to personalise our content for you (e.g. your choice of language or region)
- Google Analytics cookies – they help us to collect user behaviour information to compile reports which help us improve our website.
- If you leave a comment on our website, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
26. You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but you can switch them off any time. If you choose to disable/delete all cookies, you may lose the information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently.